About Ohio Deferred Compensation
Ohio Deferred Compensation is a supplemental 457(b) retirement plan for all Ohio public employees and one of the largest 457(b) plans in the country. Deferred compensation has been the Program's only responsibility since 1976. Because of the Program’s size, plan expenses are low.
The Program is unique that it is a public, non-profit organization created by Ohio legislation. A 13-member Board, composed of public employees, retirees, and appointed investment experts, governs the Program as required by Ohio Revised Code Chapter 148. The staff manages and administers the Program with public employees' best interests in mind. External managers professionally manage the Program’s investment options. Investment options are selected and monitored by the Board and its independent investment consultant.
The Program provides participants with educational tools, a diverse set of investment options, flexible savings and withdrawal options, as well as portability when changing jobs within the public sector.
Meet your Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Board Members
Steve Toth, Chair
Director, Ohio Department of Administrative Services
House of Representatives
Herman H. Mollmann
Governor Appointed Investment Expert
Treasurer Appointed Investment Expert
James R. Tilling
General Assembly Appointed Investment Expert
Non-teaching College/University Employees
Neither the Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program nor any of its representatives will give legal, tax or investment advice. For such guidance, you should consult your own legal, tax or investment advisors. The information contained in this website was accurate as of the date that it was published. We reserve the right to make subsequent changes without prior notification.
Educational services provided by Registered Representatives of Nationwide® Investment Services Corporation, Member FINRA.
The Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program is administered by the Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Board.
The Ohio DC Board (Board), the governing body of the Program, is responsible for the administration and management of Ohio DC.
The Board typically holds six regular meetings per year in the odd-numbered months. The meetings occur on the Tuesday preceding the third Wednesday of a calendar month and begin at 9 a.m. Meetings of the Board are governed by the Ohio Open Meetings Act and are generally open to the public.
The Board meeting agenda should be posted to this website the week prior to the scheduled meeting date. The Board meeting minutes should be posted to this website after Board approval, which typically occurs at the next Board meeting.
The date and hour of the regular meetings may be changed by appropriate Board action. Meetings are held at the offices of the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System unless otherwise noted.
Agendas and Meeting Minutes
|2017 Board Meetings||Agendas||Meeting Minutes|
|January 17 – 9 a.m.||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 14 – 9 a.m.||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 16 – 9 a.m.||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 18 – 9 a.m.||Cancelled||Cancelled|
|August 14 – 9 a.m.
(Strategic Planning Session)
|September 19 – 9 a.m.||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 14 – 9 a.m.||Agenda||Minutes|
The Open Meetings Law itself does not give members of the public the right to be heard at a public meeting. The Ohio Deferred Compensation Board, however, will allow reasonable opportunity for members of the public to be heard according to the following guidelines:
- The matter should relate to a specific meeting agenda item, or be within the Board or Committee’s jurisdiction.
- The Board or Committee is unable to entertain requests for public comment on matters that have an existing forum for resolution.
- Individuals who wish to address the Board or Committee should complete a request upon a form provided by Ohio Deferred Compensation, listing the individual’s name, affiliation, the agenda upon which the individual wishes to speak, or, if the matter does not relate to an agenda item, a brief description of the nature of the matter to be addressed by the individual.
- A request to speak before the Board or Committee should be submitted to the attention of the Executive Director on the form approved by Ohio Deferred Compensation.
- Any request to appear before the Board or Committee should be received by 4 p.m. five business days prior to the scheduled Board or Committee meeting. In all cases, the Board Chair and Executive Director have the discretion to schedule the date and time of any request.
- Requests to address the Board or Committee will be evaluated for appropriate content by the Executive Director, General Counsel, and appropriate staff in consultation with the Board or Committee Chair.
- The Board or Committee Chair will have discretion to grant or deny any request. If a request is granted, the Chair of the Board or Committee will call upon the individual to speak at the appropriate time during the meeting.
- The time allowed for individuals to address the Board or Committee is generally limited to five minutes per person or group.
- The number of requests granted per meeting may be limited depending upon the number of other agenda items for that particular meeting.
- Speakers may not engage in defamatory, derogatory, or abusive remarks. The Chair may terminate an individual’s privilege to speak if they engage in such behavior.
The Board or Committee members may ask speakers questions at the discretion of the Chair.
Request to Address the Ohio Deferred Compensation Board Form
If you wish to address the Ohio Deferred Compensation Board or a Committee, please complete the Request to Address Board Form (PDF) and deliver to the Ohio Deferred Compensation Executive Director by 4 p.m. five business days prior to the scheduled Board or Committee meeting.
Upcoming Board meetings are:
January 17, 2017
March 14, 2017
May 16, 2017
July 18, 2017
September 19, 2017
November 14, 2017
In all cases, the Board Chair and Executive Director have the discretion to schedule the date and time of any request.
You may mail, hand deliver, or fax your request to Keith Overly, Executive Director, Ohio Deferred Compensation, 257 East Town Street, Suite 400, Columbus, Ohio 43215 or fax to 614-728-2601. Requests should be received by 4 p.m. five business days prior to the scheduled meeting.