As an Ohio Deferred Compensation participant, you have access to a variety of services to help you prepare for retirement. Learn more about how to take full advantage of the Program.
Visit the Service Center in Columbus or call our licensed Account Executives. We can answer your questions and help you with:
- Changing in your deferral or investment options
- Setting up your online account
- Providing asset allocation information
- Starting withdrawals from your account when you retire
- Automatically increasing your deferrals through the SMarT Plan.
For information about hours, directions, and appointments, please contact us.
Field Account Executives
Field Account Executives present worksite seminars to help public employees learn more about the Program and its services and enroll potential participants. Licensed by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Field Account Executives provide education on:
- Investment options
- Personal finance
- Retirement issues
To arrange a visit, contact your human resources department.
Information provided by Retirement Planning Specialists and Account Executives is for educational purposes only and is not intended as investment advice.
Retirement Planning Specialists
Get assistance with your retirement journey from our Retirement Planning Specialists. These Chartered Financial Consultants (ChFC) help Program participants with planning for retirement at no charge, in any of three ways—at the Service Center in Columbus, at meeting sites throughout Ohio, or over the phone.
Some of the topics covered during an appointment:
- Your retirement goals and how to help achieve them
- Strategies to help minimize taxes
- How to coordinate income from various sources
- General information about tax deferral
- Withdrawal illustrations
- Deferred compensation allocation strategies during retirement
For an appointment, call 877-644-6457.
Neither Nationwide® nor its representatives provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Please consult your professional advisor for such advice.