Hassle-Free Target Date Funds
Thinking about investing for retirement can be overwhelming—especially if you lack investing experience, don’t have an interest in it, or don’t have time to devote to your retirement account.
For those overwhelmed by retirement investments, Ohio Deferred Compensation offers LifePath Portfolios.
Why consider a LifePath Portfolio?
- It’s hassle-free. Diversify by choosing just one target date fund. Each of the LifePath Portfolios are pre-mixed portfolios with investments with multiple asset classes (Large-Cap Stocks, Bonds, etc.) in the U.S. and abroad, so it’s not putting your eggs all in one basket.
- The Portfolios are managed by professional fund managers.
- The Portfolios are regularly rebalanced, so they begin with a more aggressive approach and become more conservative over time.
- LifePath is the one investment where you can put all your eggs in one basket because each LifePath Portfolio is highly diversified among more than 10,000 securities.
How to pick a Portfolio:
Choose the year of the LifePath Portfolio closest to your retirement date or when you expect to begin making withdrawals. You have more time to weather ups and downs in the market when you’re younger and less time as you get older. LifePath Portfolios are regularly rebalanced to become more conservative as you approach retirement.
Learn more about LifePath Portfolios:
- LifePath Porfolios (PDF)
- Interactive LifePath Guide (PDF)
- LifePath performance versus customized benchmarks
- LifePath fee information (PDF)
Like other funds, LifePath funds are subject to market risk and loss. Loss of principal can occur at any time, including before, at, or after the target date. There is no guarantee that target date funds will provide enough income for retirement.